Wednesday, March 21, 2012

THOROUGHLY MODERN VINTAGE

Who's stuck in the 50's?  And I mean in a good way!  With a love of mid-century furniture design, memories from your childhood or the fun of the kitsch finds from that time.  If I've described you, then you'll want to check out Modern Vintage Decor on Gravois in South County (St. Louis, MO).  It is retro-riffic!  They just recently opened.  I shopped there a few weeks ago and went back last week to consign some of our vintage belongings.  I hated to part with them, but we're downsizing and selling the house so we had to say our farewells and hope that they will find a good home that will treasure them as much or more than we did.  So below are some of the finds from my first shopping visit and some of the items I consigned there last week.
I brought home this piece of marked McCoy creamware pottery to add to my collection of over 50 pieces!

Another drop leaf table - you know I LOVE these!  

COOL old projector - what a conversation piece!

NEATO camera!  8mm?
FUN vintage chair!  Can't tell from the photo (its better in person) but it has a metallic thread running through it!

One of our consignments.  We used it as a credenza in our office but could be used as a media center or bar.  Or how about made into a bathroom vanity?

Another piece we consigned.  From Lammert's Furniture Store.  We used it as a dresser but I think it would make a great tv stand/media center.

A blonde wood desk chair we consigned.  Its in great condition, so sturdy and heavy.  And stylin'!

On the left is a blonde wood with black legs file holder/magazine rack.  On the right is a beautiful wood and leather magazine rack.  Both were unusual finds that I haven't seen again anywhere but they're just not needed in the downsizing.  Sad to part with them though.

While some (or all) of these finds may be sold by now (I sure hope some of my items have sold) other new treasures have taken their place.  When I went in to consign this past week she had doubled her inventory since my first shopping visit.  For instance, last week she had gotten in a Heywood Wakefield Dog-bone dining set in wheat with table, 6 chairs and china hutch.

If you're interested in consigning, its very easy.  Take your items in, she'll inventory them and have you sign a contract and you're done.  You get 50% of whatever it sells for and she keeps 50%, a standard consignment agreement.  If you have further questions visit their website at www.modernvintagedecor.com and become a follower on facebook or twitter to be the first to hear about sales and promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment