Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"GREEN"ER PASTURES

The Green Goose Resale and Consignment
Go Green!  I'm talking The Green Goose Resale and Consignment and The Green Shag Market, two shops I visited last week.  And I mean it, GO visit them both!  The Green Goose, located at 5611 Hampton in St. Louis is open 7 days a week, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.  I spotted some wonderful finds there:  A wonderful dropleaf table, a sweet antique sideboard, whimsical art and beautiful sparkling glass.  Robin, the owner and her crew of employees (family and friends) were so friendly and as helpful as you wanted.  They let you browse at your leisure without interruption but were there to answer your questions and visit if you wanted.  I enjoy visiting with shop owners, in part I suppose, because I admire their ambition and hard work to make a dream come true.  For more info on the shop find them on facebook or at www.GreenGooseResale.com.
Wild, wonderful, whimsical ART!

I LOVE blue glass!

Another love - drop leaf tables!


Entrance of The Green Shag Market

A short 4 miles or so away is The Green Shag Market Reclaim and Exchange at 5733 Manchester between Macklind and Hampton.  They are open Wednesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.  They are made up of a variety of booths and also except consignment items.  You'll find a little bit of everything from antiques to vintage items, some repurposed, which I am all about.  I like to buy things that have a story and can be used one way and then when you're tired of that you can repurpose and use it in another way.  This kind of shop is great for shopping for "things" and for ideas on how to use "things", whether you buy them there or already have them at home but just hadn't had that idea yourself.  The coke cooler for instance, yes, of course you can fill it with ice and put bottles of beer, wine and soda in it for a party but how about putting some sort of top on it (wood, marble, glass?) and using it as a bar or table, or how about storing toys or blankets in it, or using it as part of a potting table/shed and that's just off the top of my head!  Oh, my mind wandered off and rambled on, now back to The Green Shag Market, you'll also find them on Facebook and on the web at www.TheGreenShagMarket.com.

Look at that beauteous wood - GORGEOUS!

FUN, FUN, FUN!! The things I could do with this!

Yes, another drop leaf table.  I told you I love these!

Too cool for school.  Old light fixture made into a floor lamp!  Ridiculously novel!

Another love?  Yes, anything turquoise and pottery!!
I suggest you "like" these shops on facebook.  Then you'll see them post new arrivals and you can easily communicate with them if you are keeping an eye out for something in particular.  And of course, they'll tell you when they're having a sale, but then, I'll do that too, if you "like" my facebook page or follow my blog (another shameless plug)!  So go GREEN and let your mind wander!  See what you come up with and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment