Monday, March 5, 2012

FREAKIN' (GREAT SHOPPING) FRIDAY

Explore St. Louis!  Resale shops, consignment shops, thrift shops and antique shops . . . My friend Kathy and I did just that on Friday!  Like Dr. Seuss says, "Oh, the places you'll go"!  We found some killer destinations!  Today I'm going to fill you in on our shopping itinerary that day and what I found.  In the near future I'll post photos of the shops and information on each of the ones we visited.


We started the morning off at Green Goose Resale and Consignment.  The shop is located at 5611 Hampton Avenue.  They can be reached at 314-352-5000 or by emailing them at Robin@GreenGooseResale.com.  You'll also find them at www.GreenGooseResale.com and on Facebook.  They had a great selection of items from smalls to furniture.  We fell in love with the vintage menus they had from a variety of restaurants throughout the United States.


We rifled through them, hoping to find one from a place we had visited.  I got lucky, and found one from Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood near Portland, Oregon.  It's from 1965, back when you could get filet mignon for $5!


We've visited there and ate lunch so I grabbed that one.  They were each $5, which I thought was a great price for a piece that I'm going to turn into artwork for a wall at our cabin.  It fits right in with my rustic cabin theme.  Its amazing how something so small and inexpensive can make my day, I knew we were off to a GREAT start!


Next up was The Green Shag Market, Reclaim and Exchange.  I love this concept.  Its an antique mall but they are putting an emphasis on repurposing, reusing and reclaiming antique and vintage items.  They are located at 5733 Manchester Avenue (between Macklind and Hampton).  They can be reached at 314-646-8687 (I hope I've got that right, the writing is kind of tiny for these old eyes).  Their website is www.TheGreenShagMarket.com and they're also on Facebook.  I had to show a great amount of restraint here.  So many things calling my name - but I picked one item that was a great buy and something I actually needed:  A vintage silverware set for 8, silverplated, a sweet pattern by Wm. Rogers/International Silver.  And just $30 for the entire set.  Really, you can't pick up a "cheap" silverware set at any "MART" for that, can you?

As I was checking out we were told there was another shop just down the block, Quintessential Antique and Furniture Company.  We visited that wonderful shop, plus the beautiful boutique The White Rabbit and Consign and Design Galleries (both on Manchester), a shop just busting at the seams with fabulous finds!  But, I'll write more about them in upcoming blog posts, I don't want to be too long winded here.  After those three amazing shops, we found two more, on Gravois near Sappington.  At Modern Vintage Decor I found a piece of creamware McCoy pottery.  I collect creamware and while I really didn't NEED another piece (I have over 50 pieces), I WANTED this piece.  My collection includes both marked and unmarked pieces but I really like McCoy pottery and it is usually more expensive, but this one was just $12.99, so that was in my budget.


There was lots of eye candy here, a really cool old projector, lots of vintage cameras, fun furniture and more.  The shop is located at 11433 Gravois Road.  They can be reached at 314-842-5555 or email modernvintagedecor@gmail.com.  You'll find them on the web at www.modernvintagedecor.com and on facebook.


Next door to Modern Vintage is the Exchange, a consignment resale furniture store that carries a great selection of jewelry too.  They can be reached at 314-842-7300 or email theexchange.shop@yahoo.com.  Their website is http://theexchangestl.com/ and you'll also find them on facebook.


I hope I've got you drooling, now go explore St. Louis resale yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment