Thursday, February 5, 2009

TRIPPIN'

Oh, baby it's cold outside. Then warm. Then cold. Then . . . well, you get the picture. So crazy weather like this gets me thinking of other climes, which gets me thinking about vacations. We have a few planned.

We're planning to take a short weekend trip down to see Bryce at Mizzou and make a few stops along the way at wineries and antique shops. In March we are headed to Brownsville and South Padre Island Texas. In June we are headed out to Washington State to visit family, friends and (fingers crossed) see our oldest son graduate from Portland State University (Yea!!). Oh, and take in some wineries out there. I'd also like to travel with John once or twice more this year on business (usually Richmond, Virginia, Kansas City or Chicago) and I hope to plan a girls weekend of shopping somewhere. Oh, and throw in a couple weekend getaways with John, hopefully, one will be to visit my niece in Indianapolis and another down to Southern Illinois to visit more wineries.

I would love to hear if you have any travel plans or tips. Where are you headed this year? Anyone been to South Padre and got any good restaurant ideas, places to go or things to do? We will be staying in a condo in Brownsville (which I got a deal on through RCI vacations) and flying on Southwest to Harlingen (2 free tickets with John's frequent flier miles). But we're still looking for a cheap car rental (any help here?) and ideas for things to do while we're there. So let me hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment