Thursday, February 26, 2009

GET OUT

It's a good thing.  See for yourself Friday, Feb. 27th at 3 p.m. when Martha Stewart makes an appearance at the West County Macy's to sign copies of her new cookbook, "Martha Stewart's Cooking School".  For more info call 314-966-0017 ext. 3402.

The Lenten Season fish fries heat up this Friday evening.  Friends of ours have invited us to attend the Columbia Turner Hall Fish Fry.  John loves these but me, not so much.  I've never liked fried fish and I think the alternative is fried shrimp, which I don't like either.  About all I'll eat is the french fries and maybe drink a beer.  We'll see if we go.

Saturday night we are going to the YMCA trivia night.  We usually hit one or two of these the winter.  We didn't make any last year and this is the first for this year.  Cost is $15 per person with tables of 8.  Soft drinks will be sold or you can bring your own, snacks can also be brought.  Think I'll make this great artichoke feta dip I just discovered.  I believe there's also a silent auction.

Don't forget the Scrapbook Crop and Photorganization day on Sat., 3/7 at Columbia Middle School from 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.  Cost is $12 a person.  Call Doug Rose at 281-5001 or Anne Simek at 401-6189 to reserve your spot.  All proceeds benefit after prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment