Friday, February 6, 2009

Somethin for Nothin (well almost)

So, I'm needing foundation and not wanting to go the department store route. I peruse the sales fliers in Sunday's paper and find that CVS has L'Oreal makeup buy one get a powder, blush or concealer free. Lipstick is also buy one, get one free. I could use a new color of that, too, with Spring coming. Then I decide to do a little coupon clipping (I'm not religious about this but I do take a look now and then). There in the coupons are two coupons for L'Oreal makeup. $2.00 of a foundation and $1 off a lipstick. Bonus, I have a CVS cash register coupon for 50 cents off. So today I headed to the cosmetics counter. I purchased a L'Oreal foundation for $14.49 and got an undereye concealer ($10.49 value) for free. Then I got an $8.99 lipstick and got another $8.99 lipstick for free. Then they took off $3.50 in coupons and when it was all said and done I got $42.96 worth of makeup for $19.98. A savings of $22.98. That ROCKS! And THEN, to top it all off, the cashier said that if I'd give her my email address they would email me a coupon for $4.00 off my next purchase! Ha, beat that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment