Thursday, February 19, 2009

Eating to See and be Seen

I know, you're asking yourself "what is she talking about?"  Well, I'll tell you.  We went out to eat at Lucas Park Grille on Washington Avenue in St. Louis on Friday night.  Our friends invited us and picked the restaurant.  So, as I do with restaurants I haven't been to before, I checked them out on the Sauce Magazine website and their own website.  On the Sauce Mag website I found that they were voted number 1 in their reader's choice poll as "the place to see and be seen."  Well, I guess I was seen but I don't know by who 'cause I didn't recognize anyone there.  But the restaurant itself was great.  The food, atmosphere and servers were all top notch.  I had filet mignon (I'm boring but I just think its heavenly when done well, not well done : ) with pomme puree (ok, they're a bit pretentious here, they're mashed potatoes alright) and asparagus.  Oh, but first, I had this great lavender puff pastry stuffed with goat cheese and served with greens and strawberry compote (yeah, also kind of pretentious sounding), it was very yummy.  For dessert I just stole a taste of John's maple walnut bread pudding, it was good but not in the same league as the rest of the meal.  And speaking of John and the others, John had a chicken breast stuffed with duck confit and something else, the husband of the other couple had monkfish with crab risotto and his wife had lamb chops with couscous  Everyone enjoyed, I'd give it a 3 3/4 spoons (out of 4)!

No comments:

Post a Comment