Friday, February 13, 2009

SHOP, EAT, REPEAT

Shopping, eating out, I've been doing a little bit of both this week.  Yesterday I headed down to Waterloo.  I had dropped some items at the new resale clothing shop, Hi-Style Boutique, there in the plaza in front of Wal Mart.  I had a large lawn and leaf bag full of clothes that I was emptying out of my closet and some of them were still in good condition.  They were headed to a resale shop to be donated but I thought I'd stop there and see if they were interested in any of them.  Out of the bag, they accepted half to 3/4 of them and gave me a check for $37 for them.  I can't tell you how much they gave me for each individual item because I didn't ask them to.  I was happy to be paid on the spot for items that were just going to be donated and that I didn't have to sit at a yard sale and sell.  If you're going to give them a try its best to go Tues. through Thurs. and call first and see if the owner, Lisa Kueper, is going to be in.

After that, I headed to the Western Egyptian Resale shop to donate the leftovers and while I was there I thought I better just take a peek.  I came out with 3 great necklaces for a total of $2.50.

Later that afternoon I headed with a friend over to The Closet Exchange and Sweet Charity (both resale shops), on Gravois near the intersection with Sappington in South County.  I bought a Lilly Pulitzer hot pink polo top for spring, brand new with the tags still on it for $20 something (reg. price on the tag was $75) at The Closet Exchange.  And at Sweet Charity I bought an Emmanual Ungaro black jacket for spring and a Ralph Lauren black and white stripe blazer (also for spring) both for $8 each and a Jones New York spring pink with navy polka dots blouse for $7.  There's also a home furnishings resale shop in the same plaza as Sweet Charity but I didn't catch the name of it and they seemed to still be setting up and getting ready to close for the day, so I'll have to check them out further another time.

Tonight I'm headed out to eat with my husband and another couple to Lucas Park Grille downtown St. Louis.  Of course I'll let you know how it is.

I'm hoping to find somewhere to shop tomorrow.  And yes, I'll let you know if I do and what I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment