Sunday, February 22, 2009

INS AND OUTS OF BUSINEESS

I made two new discoveries yesterday.  I found out from one friend and reader that it appears. Groomingdale's in Columbia is going out of business.  I don't know why, she was just called by someone with Groomingdales and told that her dog's appointment for Tuesday was being cancelled because they are closing.

Another friend called me as soon as she discovered a new shop on Main Street in downtown Columbia.  Evalina's opened on Saturday.  They will be selling Antiques, Gifts, Crafts and Coffee, Tea and Treats.  They are located at 124A South Main, across the street from Bon Vivant Wines.  Well, of course I had to hurry down there and check it out.  They're still loading the store so they opened but haven't advertised and they'll be holding a grand opening at a later date.  What they had out so far was mostly the antiques and it's looking good.  Barbara Ratz is the owner and she hasn't decided on exact hours yet but she does plan to be opened on Sundays too.  The phone number on her business card is 618.520.0569 so you might want to call and make sure they're open before making a special trip down there.  She had some vintage jewelry and I found 3 things I decided I couldn't live without.  A beautiful unique vintage purple rhinestone brooch, a silver and rhinestone accented enamel dragonfly brooch/pendant and a gold coin long necklace.  I saw a beautiful chandelier, some great framed artwork and some fine wood antique furniture.  Let her know Debbie (with the blog and newsletter) sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment