Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MY HUSBAND'S EDGY!

Yes, that's right, I've been told that my husband is edgy.  And do you know what makes him edgy?  His cologne.  Who knew?  I had no idea that a person became "edgy" by the cologne they choose to wear.  All we did was stop at the men's cosmetics counter at Dillard's at Galleria to pick him up a new travel size cologne.  A couple months back we had picked him up some Hugo Boss XY cologne at Dillard's at St. Clair Square when it was take an additional 40% off the already marked down 75% off price. With it they gave him a sample of Dirty English cologne.  He liked it and decided he wanted to get some of it.  So that is what we asked for at Galleria Saturday.  The sales clerk, who was very nice, asked if we knew that was by Juicy Couture.  Who knew?  But we said yes, what did it matter?  She seemed surprised, she had sized us up and I don't think we looked "the type" to her.  Who knew, we just liked how it smelled!  So she then informed him that he was "edgy" because of that choice.  And since he was game she said she had a couple new fragrances that were even "edgier".  What makes them edgy?  I couldn't let on that I didn't know, so we played along.  Well, something by Quicksilver and The Beat by Burberry we were told were "edgier".  We just thought the Burberry one smelled nicer and they were all about the same price so we chose "The Beat".  She was impressed with my husband's "edginess".  Heck, by now, I WAS impressed with my husband's "edginess" and I never even knew he had it!  Good thing she was there to enlighten me.  By the way, for the rest of you that are of my age, we were informed that "edgy" is today's version of yesterday's "cool".  So beware, the next time you are in the company of my husband, you are in the presence of "edginess".  I guess I'm going to have to go in search of my "edginess".

No comments:

Post a Comment