Thursday, March 19, 2009

SHOP WISE ON GRAVOIS

I've mentioned these places before but they're worth mentioning again. Especially now, when one of these shops is holding a Grand Re-Opening this Saturday 3/21.

The Women's Closet Exchange is still in the same plaza on Gravois (just east of Sappington) but they're in a much nicer well laid out space. And they'll be celebrating on Saturday with special discounts, lots of merchandise and in store modeling. I've bought a couple things here and have been very happy with them. But for an even better bargain head another block east on Gravois to the next plaza and you'll find another shop run by the same gal, called Sweet Cherity. This is their non-profit store. Merchandise here either didn't sell at the Closet Exchange and the consignor donated it or it never made it in to the Closet Exchange because the donor wanted it to go straight to charity. I have gotten some great buys here on clothes, shoes and jewelry. I know, you're probably saying "ooh, not shoes" but a lot of the shoes here, and all of the ones I've bought, were either not worn or barely worn. Believe me, you can tell.

Also in this plaza is a resale home decor and furnishings shop. Now, while I'm partial to Elements obviously, if you're in the plaza, you may as well stop in. I did, and got a cute little vintage basket to put on my porch or deck for this spring and summer.

And while you're over that way, back in the first plaza with The Closet Exchange, is the Purple Cow Kids resale shop. So if you got kids to clothe, take a peek in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment