Wednesday, March 18, 2009

NAILED

We're getting ready to go on vacation to a more tropical local. I wanted to get a pedicure for the trip but I didn't want to spend major money on it. I didn't need a fancy spa experience I just wanted my toenails painted nicely.

A reader tipped me off that she goes to The Nail Nook on Main Street in Waterloo. A pedicure with Andrea Dill costs $25, a manicure $15. She does a great job. And while the setting is more regular hair salon versus spa the pedicure was as good as any one you'd get at a spa. It started with a little foot jacuzzi, followed by a scrub, filing (of feet and nails), a massage and then the paint job. Very nice!

They also sell a little jewelry in the store. Trendy silver and some glass pendants, all reasonably priced. I suppressed the urge though and walked out without any . . . this time. If you visit, let her know I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment