Tuesday, February 28, 2012

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE


Nothing makes my day more, than finding a new secondhand store to shop!  And the new shop I found last week, Variety on a budget, secondhand clothing & more in Fairview Heights, was a delight!  It's down Lincoln Trail in the plaza next to Bert's Chuckwagon.  Ooooh, Bert's Chuckwagon, now I'm jonesing for some tacos and a cherry coke zero, but I digress.  Variety's address is 10220 Lincoln Trail, Suite A.


Their name accurately describes them.  There's a little of this and a little of that.  All of it, very well organized and clean.  And the staff is very helpful and nice.  They even allow returns!  That's unusual for a secondhand store but they aim to please I tell you.


So what did I find?  ALOT!  But I didn't bring it all home.  Since I'm trying to clean out my own house I'm trying (really I am) to limit myself and keep the "stuff" small.  I brought home 5 sweet little critters!

They're vintage little wooden planters in the shapes of an owl, fish, turtle (2) and a duck!  Each one was only 50 cents.  I don't usually play favorites but I have to say, I'm enamored with the owl.
I'm planning on planting succulents in them but that's a blog for another day.  
I also scored a little vintage watercolor painting (for the bedroom at the cabin) for $1.75.And last but not least, a bag of silverware for $3, some of which is old silverplate.  I'm going to research some of them to see if they have any value but I mostly bought them for these cute little forks I saw in the mix.
Leafing through a magazine (maybe Country Living) I came across a photo in which they were using forks to hold markers for plants in a vegetable or herb garden and so that's what I plan to do with those.  I'll try to remember to take a picture of them in my herb garden to share with you later.


So spice up your life, stop and take a look for yourself.  You can check their hours and get any other information you might need by calling them at 618-204-3170 or email them at vb82211@gmail.com.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment