Wednesday, February 29, 2012

LEAPING FOR BUYS!

So, my sister and I went out shopping this morning to see what kind of deals we could find on leap day.  While we didn't find any once in four years kind of deals I did find some great buys on tops to start my spring wardrobe.  Our first stop was Macy's and my first find was this great Style & Co. red anorak, perfect for spring.  The original price was $79, with half off to $39.50 and then with a $10 off coupon, I paid just $29.50 for it!


Next this Charter Club navy print tunic caught my eye (I love blue), regular price was 21.99, marked down to $16.99 and then with an additional 20% off it came to $13.59.
Next up was this gorgeous Charter Club coral (trendy color for this spring) tunic top with wonderful gold embellishment around the v-neck.  It was originally marked $44, marked down to $15.40 and then with an additional 20% off it cost me just $12.32.
I love ruffles and thankfully they're in style and so there's lots of ruffles to be found.  I bought this INC (International Concepts) red top with elastic waist and 3/4 sleeve for a steal.  Originally priced at $49.50, marked down to $17.32 with an additional 20% off it came to just $13.86. 










Tunics and flowy sleeves are also a big trend that continues this spring.  I love the flowy sleeves and print of this INC tunic.  I can't see paying $59.50 for it but when its marked down to $20.82 and then an additional 20% off brings it to $16.66, well then I'm in!
I'm not usually big on horizontal stripes because, well, I think they usually make me look bigger.  But this looked just so cute under the red anorak and with its cut and neckline I thought those would help to distract from my bigness.  So I broke one of my own rules and bought it.  It was regular priced at $46, then half off that took it to $23 and then an additional 20% off made it my most expensive top at $18.40 (a real splurge for me!).
From Macy's we moved on to the new JCP (JC Penneys if you're not in the know).  I got the coral sweater, St. John's Bay, for $12, their new original price (supposedly 40% lower than retail) was $16.  I have always loved this color and it looks so good with my turquoise jewelry.  Also its versatile because it looks nice with khakis, black, navy, gray, just about anything.
Off of the clearance rack at JCP I found these St. John's Bay lightweight khakis for $5.  They'll be great going into spring and are even light enough in weight to wear in the summer, and believe me, any more, I don't think my legs are anything anyone wants to see too much of!  If you're not in the know about the new JCP, they clearance items on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month.  That means that they will offer items marked down for the first time and that those $5 pants may be just $2 or $3 on Friday, but I'm busy Friday and didn't want to take chances on them being gone in my size.  What doesn't sell (at least in Misses and Petities) will eventually go down to $2 to $5 if they haven't sold at their higher price.  Definitely worth checking out!  I heard they clearanced their coats out at $20 a few weeks ago.


I should mention that the additional 20% I talked about at Macy's was from one of their coupons.  I, personally, like coupons!  But I'll take a bargain anyway I can get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment