Tuesday, September 6, 2011

THE WOODEN LADDER

A new shop has opened in Fairview Heights.  It's The Wooden Ladder located at 58 Commerce Lane.  That's next to Hooter's (I'm not even going to make a comment) and across from Weekends Only.  What a great shop.  A little of this, a little of that.  And a lot of creativity.  They describe themselves as selling Crafts, Antiques and Gifts.

I'll elaborate on how I'd like to describe them.  The vibe is pretty crafty and geared towards primitives.  But its a 2011 crafty, not a 1990s crafty.  Sure, there's a few "old fashioned" crafty items from the "old days"(and there's still people out there that like those kind of things) but there's a lot of "fresh", new items, like you'll find in some boutiques and on etsy.  And I LOVE that!  Wonderful, useful and unique antiques to incorporate into your decor can be found.  And I found a lot of them to be unusual items that you don't see at every other antique mall.


I also like that its not set up as an antique mall but instead in vignettes and departments.  Crafted children's hats and other kids items are displayed together, wonderful purses and totes are shown together, fall decor was up front and sprinkled throughout the store and there was even a "Man Cave" area. They also carry gourmet items such as Wind & Willow mixes, Fireside Coffee, Chef Ivo's award-winning products (Galena Canning Company) and King's Cupboard products. And gift items such as an array of candles, tart warmers and more.  Oh, and the jewelry, I loved the jewelry.  I will go back for the jewelry (among other things, but jewelry always calls to me).  So whether you are looking for seasonal decorations, metal yard art, home decor, a gift or just a little something to brighten your day, you'll find it here.  And check back often because the selection is ever changing, another thing I like about this store!  Got questions?  Give them a call at 618.394.2060.  They're open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. (but closed on Tuesdays) and Sunday from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
I love this metal bread box! Oh the uses I could find for it!

I have a wash tub like this, I think its time I put a coat of paint on it!  Too cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment