Wednesday, September 14, 2011

She Wins Silver!

I deserve a medal (or is that metal?) for this score at a second hand store in Belleville.  I bought a beautiful, vintage sterling SILVER and abalone bracelet made in Mexico yesterday (I bought it yesterday, it wasn't made in Mexico yesterday).  Yea, as Mike from American Pickers would say, "I popped on that for $9!"  As I like to say "SCORE!"  I got the bracelet (along with a few other small items) at the same place I got the $30 saddle a couple weeks ago - The Hilltop Corner Emporium in Belleville.  The shop is located in the old train depot at 732 South Illinois.  If you want to check their hours before going up there or you have any questions for them, give them a call at 235-8481.  They carry both clothing and household items but I gravitate towards the household, including limited furniture.  Clothes, shoes, purses and some accessories were 1/2 off when I went today but I'm not sure how long that sale lasts.  Oh, and things that don't sell after an amount of time are reduced to 1/2 off.  I don't advise waiting though, if you love something, 'cause it'll be gone when you go back.

2 comments:

  1. Score!
    What a beautiful bracelet!
    Hilltop Emporium is a good suggestion for digging for treasures. Over here by me in South County in St. Louis I can recommend Family Dollar. All donated items...some gems!

    ReplyDelete