Wednesday, April 4, 2012

THE ONES I THREW BACK

Just as in fishing, sometimes in shopping, there are those you have to throw back in.  As you probably already know from my earlier blog post today and the post from yesterday, I went second-hand shopping yesterday with stops at Goodwill on the east end of Belleville and at Unique Resale, also in Belleville.  In addition to the killer wedding dress I found (but didn't buy), I also found all the items below at Goodwill yesterday.  I must have timed my visit  just right because I have never seen so many great items in one visit there before.  Unfortunately, none of these items were on my "shopping list".

Homer Laughlin "Diner" China.  Buck a piece.

Vintage look Cocktail Pitcher from Pier 1 Imports, just $3.

Just a few of the large assortment of wedding cake "toppers" in stock!  Too fun!

BEST find at Goodwill that day:  Beautiful Antique Chest of Drawers in great condition and only $80!

Ok, don't know what this is for but its made of coconuts and it made me smile!

Trestle table, 4 chairs and a neat bench, all a set.  A little rough but could be painted up so cute!

Metal twin bed head and foot board, not old, but has that look.

Retro-riffic vintage desk in great shape and I think it was only $25!!!

Vintage pottery vase in great condition and only $3!

Old metal cabinet for $20 makes for great sturdy storage!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Nice to see you today at "Consign & Design"! I love your Goodwill finds. We need to get together and go shopping or out for coffee?
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was great to meet you too! I just found your blog and became a follower too! Yes! We have to get together sometime soon! Mark your calendar for our BARN SALE on May 11th and 12th! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete