Monday, April 9, 2012

COME SALE AWAY, COME SALE AWAY WITH ME

Sale, sale, everywhere's a sale!  Tis the season!  Yard, garage, barn, estate, tag, rummage, they're all in full swing.  I did a little yard "saling" this past Saturday in Southern Illinois.  I've posted some photos below of my finds!  The best find was a chipped blue paint bench I scored, thanks to my friend Stephanie who asked me if I saw the bench . . . and I hadn't somehow . . . it was covered with a sheet of plywood and had yard sale goods all over it.  So I inquired and was told she didn't think it was for sale but then that gal asked her friend (who's bench it was) and she said she would sell it!  BINGO!

But this post is more about upcoming SALE opportunities and sharing the ones I know about, so here goes:

This Saturday is the Columbia (IL) After Prom Committee Rummage Sale from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Also this weekend, on  Friday, Saturday and Sunday, Midas Touch Estate Sales is holding a sale in Columbia.  The sale starts Friday at 10 a.m.  The address of the sale will be released at 9 a.m. on Thursday on their website at http://www.midastouchestatesale.com/Upcoming-Sales.

Side note, to keep track of upcoming estate sales in this area and others check out the website EstateSales.net and sign up to get notifications!

The following Friday and Saturday, April 20th and 21st Columbia (IL) has their city-wide yard sale event.

The last weekend of the month, on Saturday, April 28th there's a flea market on the parking lot of Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.

Then the first week of May there's an explosion of sales:  Citywide Yard Sales in Millstadt (IL) and down in Southern Illinois in Cobden on Saturday, May 5th.  Cornbread from WIL92 holds his World's Largest Garage Sale at the Family Arena in St. Charles (MO), also on the 5th.  I believe there is also a flea market sale at the Monroe County Fairgrounds in Waterloo (IL) that day, followed by the Fruehlingfest in Maeystown on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The next Friday and Saturday, May 10th and 11th is the Big Barn Bonanza in rural Millstadt (IL).  That's the barn sale my friend and I do a couple of times a year.  Mark your calendars and plan to attend, the sale is from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday and from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.  I'll be posting photos and more details in the coming weeks!

If you know of any great sales in the area, please share them in the comments below!  If I come across any others of note I'll post them in the comments and on my Debbie's Bargain Basement facebook page, so keep an eye out!

And SALE away!
The blue bench with all my finds on it, along with some plants I got at the nursery.  On the far left, back are 4 fun, retro small tv trays.

This was just too funny to pass up!  It's a chopper hopper.  What's that you ask?  I didn't know either but then I noticed he's holding a tube of toothpaste in one hand and a toothbrush in the other, and it occurred to me - HE'S A DENTURE HOLDER for your FALSE TEETH!

A great turquoise green vintage pyrex casserole and a large baking powder tin.  You'll also catch a glimpse in the front right corner of a white plate.  But that's just not any old white plate, that's an antique Meakin Ironstone plate!  Ad those tv trays are peeking out at the back of the photo.

Hard to tell from the photo, but that's a tall beautiful purple glass bottle/vase in the back, along with a vintage 6-sided Swan's Down Cake Flour pan and an Arts and Crafts hand-painted plate from France.

A better photo of the Arts and Crafts plate.  I bought it for my friend Stephanie, its the least I could do after she pointed out the vintage chipped paint bench to me!



2 comments:

  1. I every time used to study piece of writing in news papers
    but now as I am a user of web therefore from now I
    am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.

    Also visit my web site; click here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debbie:

    Was wondering if you would be willing to sell your , a torchiere glass lamp shade ??
    My father-in-law (83) just broke his with his fall the other night and it was his favorite lamp and I would love to replace the shade for him.

    Thanks Brenda

    ReplyDelete