Tuesday, April 3, 2012

BIRTHDAY SHOPPING SCORES!

As a birthday present to myself I visited one of my favorite resale shops in Belleville (IL) today.  That was after my sister treated me to pizza at Papa Vito's on Washington Street in Belleville.  My favorite pizza and then my favorite shop, it was adding up to a great day!  And it got better from there!  Green Diamond  Emporium Unique Resale Shop at 732 South Illinois Street, in the old train depot, had just gotten in a load of new "stuff" that morning.  All from one donor - and there were some amazing finds!  As much as I wanted to, I couldn't take them all home so below are the two killer pieces I brought home and then all the other items I took a pass on.  But you might want to rush out tomorrow and try to snatch some of them for yourselves!  

If you need more information such as prices or if one of these items is still available, give them a call at 618-235-8431.  They are open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.  Another bonus is that you receive $5 off a purchase after you've gotten 10 punches, 1 punch for every $10 spent!  Their website is www.greendiamondemporium.org.
  
I scored this vintage concrete base, metal top sundial for just $20!                   (It came with its own bird poop!  LOL!)

I LOVE this park bench!  And I have been looking for one (check that, CHEAP one) for awhile.  I got it home and my husband said well I guess we can paint it - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????  That's one of the great things I loved about it - THE PATINA!  I LOVE the "chippy" red finish!  And I scored this beauty for just $18!!! (Oh, and the fun quilt behind the bench was only $25 but I resisted the temptation . . . for now, tomorrow's another day)

Sweet vintage buffet/sideboard.  I think it was $40 or $50.

Fruit-topped ceramic canister set for $12.  I have a hard time resisting things with fruit!

Roseville Pottery Vase - said "as is" but for $40 (and knowing they usually go closer to $100 or more) it seemed like a great buy, but I'm not an expert on these.  I do admire Roseville pieces though.

Fun and funky vintage stereo console.  I don't remember how much this was but sooooo retro!

Vintage chifferobe.  Bad photo but cool piece.

Concrete birdbath.  That's a squirrel "climbing" up the base.  Loved this too but it was a little too steep of price for me ($80) and the condition of the bath itself wasn't great.  Maybe, if it goes to half price.

More creamware pottery but since I have around 60 pieces I decided I could resist.  But now if they go half price they may become harder to resist!

Vintage dining table painted gray with one leaf.

Nice old rocking chair with the rush (?) seat and back in very good condition.  I think it was  $40 or $50.

Ok, I don't know exactly what this is but I thought it was a fun and interesting contraption.  And just $8.

A pretty in pink hand sewn quilt for $50 (If I remember right).  Again, hard to resist but I have more quilts that I can use right now and I don't want to have to just store them away where they can't be appreciated.

Oh yes, I managed to get the sundial and the bench in the back seat of my convertible and off I drove.  That back seat holds a lot more than you think.  You just have to put the top down to get it in!

3 comments:

  1. Is the unknown item for a bee keeper to "smoke out" the bees in order to get into the hive box?
    Robin B in Kennewick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like some kind of "pre-aerosol" smoker to me too! or Rose powder duster?

      Delete
  2. Yes, you are correct. At least according to someone that posted their comment about this on my facebook page. They said it was for bee keepers to smoke out the bees! Sorry, no prize for being right! LOL!

    ReplyDelete