Thursday, February 25, 2010

RETAIL THERAPY

My mother-in-law has moved to town and has been having some health problems so I've been taking her to a lot of doctor's appointments and dialysis treatments lately. Plus, my dad's health has not improved. So I'm in need of a little retail therapy. I'm headed shopping tomorrow. Dillard's is taking an additional 40% off the marked down price and I think it continues tomorrow, or at least I hope so. And Macy's has a sale that's starting tomorrow. I wish West County had a Dillard's. I can't decide if I should do Dillard's at South County and Macy's there and at West County or whether I should just head to Galleria where I'll find both. Either way, I'll let you know what kind of deals I find. I signed up for Macy's "Giving" program at the holidays and just got my "rebate/kick back" in the mail and its burning a whole in my pocket. Its a great deal for those of you that aren't aware of it. You make a contribution of I think $20 which is donated to charities (you're told which ones but I can't remember right now) and you get 10% off all of your purchases through the end of December (I signed up for it around Thanksgiving) and then you get a gift card for 10% of your total purchases during that time. My total kick back was around $100 so it was well worth my $20 investment and now I have money to spend on new spring clothes . . . or shoes . . . or handbag - decisions, decisions! See you when I get back from shopping : )

No comments:

Post a Comment