Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SHOPPING ALERT

DILLARD'S is taking an additional 30% off marked down merchandise this weekend.  The sale started Tuesday for their credit card holders and was offered to all shoppers starting on Wednesday.  Also know that SEARS has they're clearance racks marked down to $2.99, $4.99 and $9.99 currently.  KOHL'S also seem to have a good sale underway.  I got the cutest Apt. 9 black mandarin collared, lace accented black tee for $8.50, regular price $34.00.  I can't state this enough, if you find something you REALLY like, go over to the price checker and check what its REALLY marked at.  This top was regular priced and on a rack where I couldn't be sure what it was on sale for, if it was on sale at all and NO WHERE did it say that I would get it for 75% off!  It was like winning the lottery!

While I'm at it, I know you don't necessarily want a wallet full of credit cards and you definitely don't want to carry credit card debt but if you're disciplined enough to pay them off at the end of each month then its worth looking at having one for the stores you frequent most IF they have monetary benefits attached to them.  I have a Kohl's charge and they sent me a $10 off card for a purchase of $10 or more to use in my birthday month.  So, I actually got that top I just talked about for free and another dollar and a half off a sun visor I bought.  I also got a birthday certificate from JC Penney's for $15 off a $15 or more purchase.  Scored myself two new summer t's that would have cost me $25 total (and that was on sale) and I got them both for, you got it, 10 bucks!  And they've already sent me another certificate for $10 off a $10 or more purchase for Mother's Day!  Got to tell you, not so impressed with Macy's offers for credit card holders.  All they sent me for my birthday is a coupon for 25% off a purchase, yeah, its good, but not great.  Another good one, especially if you have kids that like Old Navy.  You earn "dollars" with all your purchases and then get sent a $10 or $15 certificate when you reach certain levels.  The great thing about this one is that you can take that certificate and spend it on yourself at The Gap or Banana Republic.  So check out those offers!

No comments:

Post a Comment