Tuesday, July 28, 2009

YIPPEEE! YARD SALE ACROSS THE SOUTH!

That's right, baby.  It's that time (almost) and I'm counting it down.  A week from Wednesday I head to Tennessee to take in The Yard Sale Across the South, also known as the Highway 127 Sale, also known as The World's Longest Yard Sale.  I just call it a whole lot of fun!  The sale runs for over 650 miles from the Ohio/Kentucky border down through Alabama.  I've already been 3 times but each of those times was concentrated on about a 45 mile stretch north and south of Lexington, Kentucky.  This time we're headed in to the north part of Tennesee and the south part of Kentucky.  We'll be spending a lot of time in Jamestown, TN, the capitol of the sale and where it originated.

I've been "squirreling" my mad money away for over a month now and have a nice nest egg for spending.  I've made my list and I'm checking it twice.  My friend, Kathy, is emptying out their Honda Element, all but the front seats, so we can fill it with our treasures.  Kathy and I have been "antiquing" together since we got out of college.  We've been to numerous flea markets throughout the Midwest.  We've visited the Sandwich (IL) Antique Market, the Heart of the Country Antique Show in Nashville, TN, we've covered The Covered Bridge Festival in Brown County Indiana too many times to count and visited many an antique mall and shops all over the place.  On our list to still visit:  The Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market in California, Round Top in Texas and Brimfield in Massachusettes.  And last of all we have dreams of visiting the markets in France and England.  I've made it to the Covent Gardens Market in London and another market over there (the name escapes me at the moment) but there is more to explore!

Back to the yard sale across the south, it starts on Thursday and we plan to be there when the stalls open.  We plan to shop all day Thursday and Friday and either come home Friday night or Saturday.  It just depends on how long it takes to fill the Element!  I'll fill you in on what treasures I found when I get back.  Got anything you'd like me to keep an eye out for?  A friend of my sister's wants me to keep an eye out for an old trumpet to make a lamp out of but I'm to pay no more than $20.  What do you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment